Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a delicious, lemon scented version of classic “Caprese” cake made with dark chocolate. You will be conquered by its fine taste. Easy and delicious, you will surprise friends and relatives and in case you may be Coeliac, you can easily replace the flour with the one you can eat.
- 300 g almonds (with or without skin)
- 300 g white chocolate (gluten free)
- 220 g sugar
- 180 g butter (softened)
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour (rice flour or potato flour for coeliacs)
- 3 lemons
- 50 ml limoncello
- 16 g baking powder (gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Blitz in the mixer almonds till very small pieces but not too thin (like almond flour). Set aside.If you have almonds with skin, boil them for 5 minutes to peel them easily.
- Melt chopped white chocolate in microwave oven or in a small pot over a bigger one with boiling water (bain-marie). Grate lemon skin into a small cup and set aside.
- Mix eggs with sugar and add the lemon zest and the soft butter. Keep mixing, add tepid chocolate, almonds, limoncello, the sift flour and the baking powder at the end.
- Butter and flour a 28/30 cm cake tin, pour in the cake mixture. Bake in the preheated oven at 170°C for 40 minutes.
- NB: pay attention to the face of the cake that burns easily. After 20 minutes passed, put a tinfoil over the cake and keep cooking.
- Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.