Recipe by NurseJaney
I think this came from a Chex box, or insert. I made them for a "girls' lunch" get together, just as a sweet snack - or dessert if they had THAT much self control !! They look nice in metallic or decorated cupcake papers for serving, but store in airtight container. Your imagination can take flight with other combinations.
Top Review by Chef on the coast
This was definitely 5 stars at my house! Instead of Rice Chex I used Crispix as it was on sale. I followed everything else as written. The boys had a really hard time waiting for the chocolate to be done cooling. We will make this again! Made for the June 2009 Aussie/NZ recipe swap.
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups pretzel sticks, coarsely broken
- 1 cup cashews, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces vanilla candy coating
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cereal, pretzel, and cashews in large bowl; set aside.
- Grease 13x9x2 baking dish or pan.
- Melt candy coating in 2 quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- Press in pan; cool slightly.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate chips.
- Let stand until chocolate is firm.
- Break into clusters.