1/2 Photos of White Calzones
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Found this in Paula Deen Magazine and is a take on the classic white pizza filled with chicken, spinach, mushrooms, garlic, pesto and lots of cheese. She recommends serving with a salad and a Marinara sauce for dipping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) can pizza dough, refrigerated
- 4 teaspoons basil pesto, prepared
- 1/2 lb mozzarella cheese, thinkly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups Baby Spinach, stems removed
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup marinara sauce, prepared (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3On clean flat surface, unroll pizza dough; cut dough in half horizontally.
- 4Spread prepared pesto evenly over half of each dough piece, leaving a 1 inch border around sides of dough.
- 5Place on prepared baking sheet.
- 6Place 3 slices of mozzarella over pesto in each dough piece; set aside.
- 7In a large skillet, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- 8Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- 9Add chicken, salt and pepper and cook, stirring frequently for 4 minutes.
- 10Add mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes.
- 11Add spinach and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes.
- 12Remove from heat; stir in ricotta and Parmesan.
- 13Spoon chicken mixture evenly over mozzarella.
- 14Place remaining mozzarella over chicken mixture.
- 15Fold dough over filling, crimping edges to seal.
- 16Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with marinara sauce if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Calzones
Serving Size: 1 (649 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 967.9
- Calories from Fat 603
- Total Fat 67.0 g
- Saturated Fat 32.9 g
- Cholesterol 251.1 mg
- Sodium 1913.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 76.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: