Recipe by Bonnie G #2
Found this in Paula Deen Magazine and is a take on the classic white pizza filled with chicken, spinach, mushrooms, garlic, pesto and lots of cheese. She recommends serving with a salad and a Marinara sauce for dipping.
Top Review by RaeMay
This was very good!! I made a few adjustments just to fit us...substituted brocolli for the spinach, no salt and more garlic. I also didn't use 3 cups of brocolli or 2 cups of mushrooms...it just wouldn't have fit!! I think next time, if i wanted to add the full amount of everything, I'd use two pizza crusts instead. The pesto had great flavor and really added to the flavor layers of the dish. I will make this again and probably play with other flavors and veggies...maybe some peppers? Thank you!!
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) can pizza dough, refrigerated
- 4 teaspoons basil pesto, prepared
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, thinkly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups Baby Spinach, stems removed
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup marinara sauce, prepared (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On clean flat surface, unroll pizza dough; cut dough in half horizontally.
- Spread prepared pesto evenly over half of each dough piece, leaving a 1 inch border around sides of dough.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Place 3 slices of mozzarella over pesto in each dough piece; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken, salt and pepper and cook, stirring frequently for 4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in ricotta and Parmesan.
- Spoon chicken mixture evenly over mozzarella.
- Place remaining mozzarella over chicken mixture.
- Fold dough over filling, crimping edges to seal.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with marinara sauce if desired.