Top Review by JESMom
Not real sure why we weren't crazy about this, but my DS4 took a bite, made a face and handed it back to me. I didn't think they were bad, just not the best. The frosting was really messy, it definitely needed more coconut in my opinion. We made cupcakes btw, and they were REALLY greasy. Sorry for the poor review, this just didn't work for us.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (such as Crisco oil)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup pecans, ground fine
- 1 box powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix.
- Add flour, baking soda and buttermilk; mix well.
- Add oil.
- Bake in layer cake pans for 40 minutes at 350 degrees F until done.
- Frosting: Mix all ingredients together well and frost cake.