Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
For greasing see my Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!) --- sugar free ginger-ale may be used in place of the club soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening, plain
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup club soda
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 13 x 9 -inch baking pan or two 8 or 9-in round baking pans.
- Combine sugar, flour, shortening, eggs, club soda, vanilla and baking powder.
- Beat with mixer on med speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes (for a 13 x 9-inch).
- Frost with desired frosting.