Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Can't go wrong with this one. Easy, delicious white cake.
Make and share this White Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Position rack in center and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil an 8-inch round cake pan.
- In medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined and set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat together butter and sugar, scraping sides of bowl.
- In small bowl, beat milk, egg, milk powder, and vanilla.
- Pour into butter/sugar mixture. start at a low speed and increase to high until mixture is frothy.
- make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour in milk mixture. using a wooden spoon, stir until flour just disappears. beat on high for 3 seconds.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan. bake approximately 30 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes, unmold onto rack, turn right side up, cool completely. frost and enjoy.
What a great cake this recipe makes. The small cake was light, tender and moist. We really enjoyed the flavor and texture of this tasty treat. Iced with a simple chocolate glaze it was perfect. Thank you for sharing your recipe katemonster8. Made for Spring PAC/12.
I wanted an easy white cake for my son's 14th birthday. This was a quick recipe. Plus I only had one egg in the house! I think my pan was too small, because it went over the top -- my fault, not the recipes. Every bite got eaten!