Recipe by katemonster8
Can't go wrong with this one. Easy, delicious white cake.
Top Review by Baby Kato
What a great cake this recipe makes. The small cake was light, tender and moist. We really enjoyed the flavor and texture of this tasty treat. Iced with a simple chocolate glaze it was perfect. Thank you for sharing your recipe katemonster8. Made for Spring PAC/12.
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons instant dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Position rack in center and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil an 8-inch round cake pan.
- In medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined and set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat together butter and sugar, scraping sides of bowl.
- In small bowl, beat milk, egg, milk powder, and vanilla.
- Pour into butter/sugar mixture. start at a low speed and increase to high until mixture is frothy.
- make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour in milk mixture. using a wooden spoon, stir until flour just disappears. beat on high for 3 seconds.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan. bake approximately 30 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes, unmold onto rack, turn right side up, cool completely. frost and enjoy.