From Mom's notebook
Make and share this White Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Sift flour and baking powder together.
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add dry ingredients and water alternately, starting and ending with dry. Add vanilla. Remove from mixer.
- Fold in egg whites carefully.
- Bake in 2 8" cake pans (do not grease pans) at 350F for 30 minute.
- Top with Seven Minute Icing.
This is a lovely cake! I made two (single layer) cakes, both with buttercream frosting. One had a dusting of cocoa powder, the other was decorated for Sunday School class, to celebrate the end of the school year and Pentecost. For the cake, I only had 3 eggs, so I added 1 whole egg and then beat 2 egg whites. I also reduced the sugar to 1 and 3/4 c. It baked up nicely and removed easily from the pans, which I lined with parchment. Honestly this cake is even more delicious the next day. It reminds me of wedding cake. It is moist and delicious. I'd never made a white cake before, but I would definitely use this recipe again! Thanks!