Recipe by Moe! Larry! Cheese!
I decorate cakes and this is my most requested icing. This recipe will decorate one 9x13 or smaller cake. This icing tastes the best with yellow or white cake. The creme bouquet flavoring is made by CK Products (www.ckproducts.com to find a location) and can be found at some stores that carry cake decorating supplies. If you cannot find it, substitute any clear flavoring of your choice. I got this recipe from the Wilton cake decorating courses.
Top Review by drusillasalem
Great recipe for buttercream icing you can use any flavoring for it to take away the crisco taste its great on chocolate cakes too. I use this recipe every time i make cakes. Its not hard to make. I used wiltons cake decorating course one it's very informative for those that want to learn how to make icing or decorate a cake.
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon clear vanilla flavoring
- 1 tablespoon creme bouquet flavor enhancer
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together in mixer water, flavorings, Crisco and butter.
- Add powdered sugar a cup at a time.
- Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add more water to thin or more powdered sugar to thicken.
- DO NOT add more creme bouquet flavoring if making a double batch.