Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ever thought a BUTTER cream could be pure white? Well, you've got the right recipe! This recipe has a delicate taste, perfect for chocolate cupcakes!
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter (200g)
- 1 cup caster sugar
- Whisk the flour and milk together in a saucepan, then place on medium heat. Continue stirring until the mixture becomes thick, you want it really thick, almost like a brownie mix. Remove from heat. Stir in the vanilla / lemon flavor. Leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, beat the butter and castor until white and fluffy. There shouldn't remain any graininess by now. This is the most important part, the more you beat it, the tastier it will be while having a less buttery taste.
- When the flour/milk mixture has cooled totally, pour it into the butter mix and beat the daylights out of it. Scrape down the sides and beat again. Ready to decorate!
- Don't use an aluminium pot for the flour / milk mixture as it will give off color and make the mixture gray.
- This recipe works best if you have a stand mixer so that you won't have to beat the butter/sugar manually.