Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love cleaning out rooms. I found another good well used and missing recipe for easy blonde brownies.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk (not skim or 1% milk)
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Prehat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease 13 x 9 pan.
- I use Pam cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix the cake mix and brown sugar together.
- Add egg and milk.
- Mix until well blended.
- Stir in the butterscotch chips.
- Spread dough evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until brownies pull away from the edge of the pan.
- Cool in pan on wire rack and cut into bars.
I didn't have the butterscotch chips, so I used milk chocolate chips. These were a hit, I made them before I went to work and came home to about two thirds of a pan.
I like it. I used chocolate chips caused that is what I already had in the cubbard. I am not an expert with brownies. I rarely ever make them. The batter was very hard to spread into the pan but I assume that is okay/expected. Other than the chocolate chips, I cooked according to directions (25 minutes). Hopefully I left it in the oven long enough. There was a nice brownish tint to the top of the brownies and a gooey middle which to me is good. But I like not totaly baked cakes even for the small gooey part. Its good to me. Made it early to serve tonight to family. I am CERTAIN my 2 year old will like it.
This really sounds good I am going to make there this weekend and then I'll rate them