Recipe by Nut4Health
An AWESOME White Bread Loaf that has the rise and delicate texture of White Bread, but the nutritional fortification of WHOLE WHEAT. Have no guilt with this white bread...
- 16 ounces all-purpose flour or 16 ounces bread flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon vital wheat gluten (optional)
- 1 ounce wheat germ
- 1 ounce wheat bran
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk (Optional...I use goat milk powder for a distinct flavor)
- 11 fluid ounces warm water
- 1 tablespoon yeast (I use Rapid Rise or Bread Machine yeast)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put everything in your bread machine, dry ingredients first, then water, and put the yeast in the yeast dispenser, or mix your rapid rise yeast in with the dry ingredients. Bake on White Bread setting, Sandwich setting if you have one. Also may be called "medium or light crust".
- If using Dry active yeast, proof first with some of the water and sugar from the recipe according to yeast proofing directions.
- Makes a LARGE loaf according to my PANASONIC Bread machine manual -- roughly 30 Ounce, 1 5/8 lb. loaf.
- My bread machine takes 4 hours from start to finish to make a Basic (White) Sandwhich Loaf. There is a Basic Bake, and a Basic Sandwich that makes a lighter color and texture loaf -- Perfect for sandwiches and FRENCH TOAST.