1/2 Photos of White Bread
3 hrs 40 mins
Kristy Adam's Note:
This is an old recipe I got years ago from a good friend of mine. My children won't eat store bread anymore because of this recipe. Freezes well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl put in the sugar.
- 2Add the water and sprinkle with the yeast.
- 3Let stand 10 minutes.
- 4Stir yeast mixture with a whisk.
- 5Add salt and oil, stir again.
- 6Gradually add flour one cup at a time, stirring with the whisk until too thick to stir.
- 7Swich to a wooden spoon until dough comes away from the sides of the bowl.
- 8Turn onto a floured surface and knead for 8 minutes while adding remaining flour.
- 9Spray an extra large bowl with vegetable spray.
- 10Place dough in the bowl.
- 11Spray dough with the vegetable spray.
- 12Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place 1 1/4 hours.
- 13Punch down dough, turn out onto floured surface and cut into 5 pieces.
- 14Make each piece into a ball.
- 15Spray 5 loaf pans with vegetable spray.
- 16Shape dough balls into loaves, place in the pans.
- 17Cover with a towel in a warm place for 1 hour.
- 18Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 19Place loaves in oven and bake for 35- 40 minutes.
- 20Cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Bread
Serving Size: 1 (3109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1335.8
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 478.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 240.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 32.6 g