1/1 Photo of White Bread
3 hrs 30 mins
Post Time's Note:
Old fashioned homemade bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scald milk and add margarine, sugar, and salt. Cool to room temperature.
- 2Pour warm water into mixing bowl, add yeast and dissolve thoroughly.
- 3Add room temperature milk mixture to yeast.
- 4Add 1 cup of flour and thoroughly mix for a minute.
- 5Stir in 1 1/4 cups of flour. Clean sides of bowl and mix thoroughly.
- 6Add the rest of the flour and knead for 4-6 minutes until dough becomes a ball.
- 7Place ball in a greased bowl and roll ball to grease the dough.
- 8Cover and allow to rise until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 9Punch down, fold sides to center, and turn dough over. Allow to rise to doubled, about 40 minutes.
- 10Punch down, fold, and turn. Place dough on flowered board and let rest 10 minutes.
- 11Shape dough to fit in greased bread pan 9"x5"x3".
- 12Brush with margarine and cover. Allow to rise in pan until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 13Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 14Bake loaf in pan for 50 minutes. Bread will sound hollow when tapped with knucles when done.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Bread
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.6
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 333.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 6.1 g