1 hr 15 mins
I love this recipe--it has never failed ever. My family and friends always beg for 1 loaf to them self.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve sugar in lukewarm water. Sprinkle yeast over liquid and let rise in a warm place for about 10 minutes.
- 2Add remaining ingredients except flour and baking powder. Sift flour and baking powder if desired (baking powder will add extra lightness to the bread).
- 3Add flour mixture to liquid mixture bit by bit. Knead into a smooth dough. Place in a greased bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place until double in bulk.
- 4Punch down and let rise again till double in bulk.
- 5Punch down again and shape into 4 loafs. Place into greased 8x4x3 inch loaf pans.
- 6Cover and let rise till dough has raise over the top of pan.
- 7Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes, until golden brown. When done, bread will sound hollow when tapped with finger.
Browse Our Top Sourdough Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Bread
Serving Size: 1 (802 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1869.3
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 24.3 mg
- Sodium 2394.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 319.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 33.1 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 78.9 g