Posted from an online source in response to a recipe request. Cooking time is approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place water in a large pan.
- 2Add sausage and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 3Reduce heat to low-simmer and cook, covered, for 30 minutes.
- 4Remove sausage, reserving cooking liquid, and set sausage aside to cool.
- 5Add buttermilk to cooking liquid and return to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer.
- 6In a medium bowl, combine milk and egg.
- 7Gradually whisk in flour and stir until smooth.
- 8Add 3 tablespoons of the simmering soup base to the milk-egg mixture and stir to combine (this tempers the egg so it doesn't curdle when added to the soup base).
- 9Slowly drizzle milk-egg mixture into the simmering soup, whisking continuously until all has been added, continue to simmer until soup has thickened.
- 10Add salt to taste.
- 11Serve with reserved Polish sausage.
- 12May also be served with boiled potatoes, slices of hard boiled egg and a dollop of prepared horseradish.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Borscht
Serving Size: 1 (528 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.2
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 100.4 mg
- Sodium 870.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 18.8 g