Recipe by True Texas
From a church cookbook I picked up at a yard sale. Bean salads are always tasty and this one really is. It is better served at room tempruture and not chilled, or I think it is anyway.
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon artificial sweetener
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute' onion and garlic in olive oil until tender crisp.
- Remove from heat and cool to warm.
- Stir vinegar, pepper, parsley, sweetener, salt and pepper in onion mix.
- Pour onion mixture over the beans in large bowl. Mix well.
- May garnish with red and green pepper slices, if desired.