Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From WW Simply Delicious. Per 1/2 cup serving: 190 calories, 4 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 32 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 9 g protein, 3 points.
Top Review by zaar junkie
This was a quick and tasty meal. I used 2 tbsp of fresh sage and I loved the use of fennel. I thought the amount of onion was perfect and will remember next time to chop the onion and fennel to a small dice instead of a rough chop. I don't know how you could possibly get 4 serving out of this - tiny portions. I served this with bread and thought that was tasty. The lemon flavor is great in this dish. I think pureeing everything into a dip would also be fabulous. Thanks for posting.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 medium fennel bulb, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Let the oil get heated in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat; add in onion, fennel, and garlic; stir/saute 3-5 minutes or until softened.
- Add in the cannellini beans and sage; cook 1 minute.
- Add in the lemon juice; cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in the lemon zest, salt, and pepper.