Prep 5 mins
Cook 22 mins
Vegetarian Times, June 2008. Serve this as a hot side dish, or else allow it to cool, puree it, and use it as a dip.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (1 Tbsp)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, saute for 5-7 minutes or until onion starts to brown.
- Stir in garlic and oregano and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add beans, water, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes or until half f the liquid has evaporated.