1/2 Photos of White Beans With Lemon, Garlic and Rosemary
2 hrs 30 mins
Karen's Krazy Kitchen's Note:
This is my favorite recipe for 2007. Use it as a side dish first and then blend it up and use it as a dip. It keeps well for a week in the fridge. This recipe is an adaption of a Fine Cooking offering.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 sprig fresh rosemary (three inch long)
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 822.13 g can white beans, drained, well rinsed and air dried
- 1 medium white onion, grated
- 118.29 ml romano cheese, grated
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 1In a small pan, combine the rosemary sprigs, olive oil and garlic.
- 2Heat to a sizzle and turn off. (about 4 minutes).
- 3Let sit for at least one hour.
- 4Discard the rosemary.
- 5Process the oil, cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon zest and juice.
- 6Combine the marinade with the beans and chopped parsley in a medium bowl.
- 7Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour or overnight.
- 8Bring to room temp before serving.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Beans With Lemon, Garlic and Rosemary
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.9
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 23.5 mg
- Sodium 282.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 19.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: