Recipe by Karen's Krazy Kitchen
This is my favorite recipe for 2007. Use it as a side dish first and then blend it up and use it as a dip. It keeps well for a week in the fridge. This recipe is an adaption of a Fine Cooking offering.
Top Review by Julie F
I wanted to love this dish as it has all my favorite things. The flavor was great, but I used either Great Northern Beans or Navy beans - not sure which. They were too soft for the dish and it sort of turned too mushy for me. I think with either cannellini beans or garbanzo beans, it would be perfect. I'll try it again and give it a rating then. Thanks for the recipe daffazalea ranch!
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary (three inch long)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 (29 ounce) can white beans, drained, well rinsed and air dried
- 1 medium white onion, grated
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese, grated
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small pan, combine the rosemary sprigs, olive oil and garlic.
- Heat to a sizzle and turn off. (about 4 minutes).
- Let sit for at least one hour.
- Discard the rosemary.
- Process the oil, cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon zest and juice.
- Combine the marinade with the beans and chopped parsley in a medium bowl.
- Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour or overnight.
- Bring to room temp before serving.