1/2 Photos of White Beans, Sausage, & Kale Stew
Kate Sherwood’s recipe from the March 2012 issue of Nutrition Action Health Letter. Quick. Easy. Tasty. Until my grocer offers Italian turkey sausage, I use the regular Italian sausage -- hot or mild; my photo uses hot. Per 2 cups serving based on Italian turkey sausage: Calories 370; Total Fat 15 g; Sat Fat 3 g; Protein 22 g; Carbs 39 g; Fiber 10 g; Cholesterol 35 mg; Sodium 450 mg.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove sausage from its casing and break into bite-sized pieces. Sauté in the oil until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 2Sauté the garlic until just golden, about 1 minute. Add the beans with their liquid and stir in the kale, a few handfuls at a time.
- 3Simmer until the kale is tender, about 2 minutes, add more water as necessary to the beans moist.
- 4Stir the sausage back into the pan with the beans and kale.
- 5Season with black pepper and the balsamic vinegar.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Beans, Sausage, & Kale Stew
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.5
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 30.0 mg
- Sodium 575.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 27.0 g