Recipe by stormylee
This quick and easy bean dish is originally a Tanzanian recipe, served over rice as a main course. It also makes a lovely side dish for meat dishes. You can use chickpeas instead of white beans if you prefer.
Top Review by GailBurgess
I'm trying to add more beans to my diet and having been trying to find recipes with different ingredients to vary the flavor. I'm afraid this recipe wasn't to my taste at all. I found it to be very bland.
- 400 ml cooked white beans (or canned)
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 200 ml coconut milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop onion and garlic clove.
- Chop tomato.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Cook onion and garlic in oil for 3 minutes.
- Add chopped tomato, salt, pepper and turmeric, stir.
- Add beans and coconut milk and let the mixture simmer uncovered for 5-10 minutes.
- Check the taste and add more seasonings if you prefer.