Recipe by ThinkAndDrive
A slight adaptation of a Rachel Ray recipe from Express Lane Meals. This is listed in the book with seared tuna. I figure you know how to season and sear tuna, so I've left that out.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 large garlic cloves, Sliced Paper thin
- 1 large onion, Sliced
- 3 celery ribs, Sliced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable broth
- 24 ounces cannellini beans, Rinsed and Drained
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the Olive Oil to a pan on medium-low. Add the garlic chips and spread out in a single layer to brown. I usually just stir these around in the oil to make sure they don't burn. They only take about two or three minutes. When they're brown and starting to get crispy, remove them to a plate with a layer of paper towels on it to drain the garlic chips.
- Turn the temperature on the oil up to medium-high and add the onions, celery, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cook these for about five minutes, or until the onion begins to break down and soften.
- Add the white wine and veggie broth to the pan and bring up to a bubble. Cook about another three minutes.
- Add the drained beans and the tomatoes and cook until warmed through.
- Turn off the heat and add the parsley, garlic chips, and lemon juice. Toss to mix it all together and serve.