11 hrs 20 mins
This recipe for Iranian Pilaki is from "Extending the Table". I haven't made it yet but am submitting it for the Zaar World Tour 3. Cook time includes soaking time for dried beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb great northern bean, dried (can also use white beans or navy beans)
- 7 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 -3 cups tomatoes, chopped (fresh or canned work well)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1Rinse and sort dried beans and place in a large soup pot.
- 2Add water and soak overnight(or use package directions for quick method).
- 3After soaking (do not drain) add salt and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat, cover and simmer 1-1 1/2 hours, until nearly tender.
- 5Add remaining ingredients.
- 6Return to a boil.
- 7Cover and simmer 45 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- 8Serve with fresh, warm bread.
- 9NOTE: Leftovers from this dish can be served cold on lettuce leaves for a salad. Garnish with lemon slices and tomato wedges.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Beans and Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g