Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Kielbasa is so easy to cook and I am always looking for recipes that use it. This is a grown-up version of hot dogs and beans. It is so quick and simple for when you don't have a lot of time to throw something together. You can also substitute smoked sausage for the kielbasa.
- 1⁄2 lb kielbasa, quartered and sliced
- 2 (19 ounce) cans white kidney beans, rinsed and drained (or cannellini beans)
- 1 onion, whole
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup water
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Discard the onion and garlic and serve with a green salad and crusty French bread.
Such a quick and easy dish to prepare, and quite tasty. The sugar in this recipe tasted like I was eating sweet cornbread (which I like but didn't have) with the beans and sausage. Froze leftovers for later. Thanks Munchkin Mama, for posting.
My Husband and I loved this recipe !!! It was so simple and delicious. I doubled the recipe and it worked out great. Thank you for posting.
I have always cooked my white beans from dry but this was so much easier and tasted phenominal. I did add cajun seasoning and extra kielbasa. Fixed these with jambalya...soooo good!