- 1 lb white beans
- 6 cups water
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 3 onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2 bay leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- add coconut oil to large pot, along with onion, celery, and salt.
- cover and sweat for five minutes, or until vegetables begin to go translucent.
- add garlic and continue to cook covered for an additional two minutes.
- mix in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- simmer, covered, 45 minutes or until beans are tender.
- serve over rice, maybe with a dollop of vegan sour cream.