This is a wonderful Ukrainian recipe I got from my MIL. A great side dish with pork or chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cover beans in cold water.
- 2Let sit for two hours; drain and add fresh water to cover.
- 3Bring beans to a boil, add a pinch of salt, reduce heat to medium and boil until a little less than tender.
- 4In a large frying pan, melt better and add coarsley chopped onion.
- 5Fry on medium heat until tender.
- 6Add one can of chicken stock to onions.
- 7Keep on low until beans are cooked. (They should not be hard in texture when tasted but rather on the soft side).
- 8Drain beans and add to onion mixture.
- 9Taste and add salt, if needed.
- 10Bring to a boil and cook on low heat until stock is slightly reduced.
- 11Add more chicken stock, if required.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Beans
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.3
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 88.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 15.0 g