Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A super delicious summer pasta that is healthy and keeps you full. It's also very simple to make, but impressive on a plate. The lemon adds a nice zest to the zucchini and white beans. Really good and fresh tasting. If you're into spicy foods, I've also made this with some cayenne pepper added.
- 2 zucchini, chopped length-wise and sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 (12 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, fresh and grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 6 ounces multi-grain penne (I use Barilla Plus penne pasta)
- black pepper
- kosher salt
- Start your water for the pasta. Add the olive oil to a saucepan (or wok) and preheat to medium-low heat.
- Place the zucchini and garlic in the preheated pan. Constantly stir the zucchini and garlic so nothing sticks or burns.
- When the water is boiling, add the pasta and cook according to the box instructions.
- Once the zucchini has become soft and semi-translucent, lower the heat to simmer and add the white beans and fresh basil. Note: You only want to heat up the white beans. If you leave them on the burner too long they will absorb all the oil and make the mixture dry.
- When the pasta is done, drain and put it on a plate. Mix the zucchini / white bean mixture with the pasta. Add the lemon juice and mix thoroughly.
- Serve with parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!