Chef Acosta's Note:
A super delicious summer pasta that is healthy and keeps you full. It's also very simple to make, but impressive on a plate. The lemon adds a nice zest to the zucchini and white beans. Really good and fresh tasting. If you're into spicy foods, I've also made this with some cayenne pepper added.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 zucchini, chopped length-wise and sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 (12 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, fresh and grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 6 ounces multi-grain penne (I use Barilla Plus penne pasta)
- black pepper
- kosher salt
- 1Start your water for the pasta. Add the olive oil to a saucepan (or wok) and preheat to medium-low heat.
- 2Place the zucchini and garlic in the preheated pan. Constantly stir the zucchini and garlic so nothing sticks or burns.
- 3When the water is boiling, add the pasta and cook according to the box instructions.
- 4Once the zucchini has become soft and semi-translucent, lower the heat to simmer and add the white beans and fresh basil. Note: You only want to heat up the white beans. If you leave them on the burner too long they will absorb all the oil and make the mixture dry.
- 5When the pasta is done, drain and put it on a plate. Mix the zucchini / white bean mixture with the pasta. Add the lemon juice and mix thoroughly.
- 6Serve with parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Bean Zucchini Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.5
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Sodium 94.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 15.7 g