Recipe by RubySue
A delicious summer salad perfect for picnics and potlucks. When dicing vegetables try and make the bits about as big as the beans. This makes for a pretty presentation and it's easier to get on the fork.
Top Review by annroberts54
Very nice salad for hot summer days. I had to sub the white beans, using red instead. Everything else was as written. Next time I may try white beans, red tomatoes and yellow squash. Maybe even add black olives. Yummy and looking forward to the leftovers tomorrow
- 2 zucchini, small to medium
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 1⁄2 large red onion
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse beans in colander and place in a large bowl.
- Dice zucchini and onion, place in bowl with beans.
- Seed the tomatoes, dice and add to beans and veggies.
- Finely chop basil and add to other ingredients.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard salt and pepper. You can also blend in a food processor or mix with a hand-held blender.
- Pour dressing over the other ingredients and mix gently.
- Serve or refrigerate until serving time.