Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious summer salad perfect for picnics and potlucks. When dicing vegetables try and make the bits about as big as the beans. This makes for a pretty presentation and it's easier to get on the fork.
- Rinse beans in colander and place in a large bowl.
- Dice zucchini and onion, place in bowl with beans.
- Seed the tomatoes, dice and add to beans and veggies.
- Finely chop basil and add to other ingredients.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard salt and pepper. You can also blend in a food processor or mix with a hand-held blender.
- Pour dressing over the other ingredients and mix gently.
- Serve or refrigerate until serving time.
This is a great recipe that got lots of compliments at my potluck hike. The hubby really liked the white beans and while the dressing quantity was a bit more generous than I feel was necessary to adequately cover and marinate the salad, it was still a relatively healthy dish. It did take longer than the estimated time posted here, about 40 minutes, even though my tomatoes were so fresh, I barely had to seed them. That said, it is a relatively easy dish to make and one I will likely prepare again. I agree, the uniform chopping does make for a very nice presentation, although I do hate to waste any part of fruit and vegetables by seeding them.
Very nice salad for hot summer days. I had to sub the white beans, using red instead. Everything else was as written. Next time I may try white beans, red tomatoes and yellow squash. Maybe even add black olives. Yummy and looking forward to the leftovers tomorrow
It is not summer, but this reminded me that it is only five months off! Very refreshing and pleasant salad.