Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I had one medium sized pattypan squash left and tons of tomatoes from the garden. This is the result. Ingredients are approximate since this was a "throw stuff in without measuring it" type thing. I served this as a side dish with Lower Carb Lemon Caper Chicken--the flavors blended perfectly. :UPDATE: sadly I was out of mushrooms when I took my pictures, so you're not getting an EXACT visual of the recipe, but close. The trick is to cook it so the veggies are still semi-firm.
- 59.14 ml pattypan squash, diced into half inch pieces (I used light green ones)
- 59.14 ml diced yellow onion
- 2 finely diced garlic cloves
- 8 yellow cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 10 red pear tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 sliced button mushrooms
- 212.62 g can white beans (S&W in light seasoning)
- 22.18 ml olive oil
- Warm olive oil in non-stick skillet until it pops when you put a drop of water into it over Medium-High heat.
- Add squash, yellow onion, and garlic to pan.
- Sauté until lightly browned.
- Add red & yellow tomatoes, mushrooms, and white beans, heat until beans are warmed through.
- I served this as a side dish with Recipe #218227 (Lemon Caper Chicken). The flavors blended perfectly.
WOW!!! Excellent dish! Simple ingredients but the taste is so Good! I made some changes thought: I boiled my own white beans, I dont ever use canned, I used a green zucchini instead of a squash, simple red tomatoes instead of cherry tomatoes, added a carrot and at the end I added a few drops of fresh lemon juice! The result was a healthy, low cal dinner. I had it as main dish with a slice of whole wheat bread! So Good! Thanks Teddy's Mommy for posting! Made if for PAC 2007 Fall.