1/3 Photos of White Bean & Veggie Saute
Teddy's Mommy's Note:
I had one medium sized pattypan squash left and tons of tomatoes from the garden. This is the result. Ingredients are approximate since this was a "throw stuff in without measuring it" type thing. I served this as a side dish with Lower Carb Lemon Caper Chicken--the flavors blended perfectly. :UPDATE: sadly I was out of mushrooms when I took my pictures, so you're not getting an EXACT visual of the recipe, but close. The trick is to cook it so the veggies are still semi-firm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup pattypan squash, diced into half inch pieces (I used light green ones)
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 finely diced garlic cloves
- 8 yellow cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 10 red pear tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 sliced button mushrooms
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can white beans (S&W in light seasoning)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Warm olive oil in non-stick skillet until it pops when you put a drop of water into it over Medium-High heat.
- 2Add squash, yellow onion, and garlic to pan.
- 3Sauté until lightly browned.
- 4Add red & yellow tomatoes, mushrooms, and white beans, heat until beans are warmed through.
- 5I served this as a side dish with Lower Carb Lemon Caper Chicken (Lemon Caper Chicken). The flavors blended perfectly.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Bean & Veggie Saute
Serving Size: 1 (553 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.0
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 38.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 12.3 g