Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A recipe from a friend. Not real spicy, but flavorful. Great served in bowls and topped with tortilla chips and cheddar, and in my case, a ton of jalepenos.
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 453.59 g ground turkey
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 1.23 ml ground cumin
- 0.59-1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 1 can chicken broth (aprox. 1 cup)
- 411.06 g can stewed tomatoes
- 2 small ears of corn, uncooked,shucked
- 425.24 g can cannellini beans
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- Saute the onions, garlic and bay leaf in oil for 5- minutes.
- Add turkey, all spices Cook turkey, breaking up meat as you must, until it begins to brown Add tomatoes, corn, broth Adjust seasoning with salt and fresh ground pepper Cook simmer hot for 10 minutes Add the beans and mustard Simmer on LOW for another 20 minutes.
- (on edit, 1 Tbls. tomato paste added to ingredients list)