Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A recipe from a friend. Not real spicy, but flavorful. Great served in bowls and topped with tortilla chips and cheddar, and in my case, a ton of jalepenos.
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 453.59 g ground turkey
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 1.23 ml ground cumin
- 0.59-1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 1 can chicken broth (aprox. 1 cup)
- 411.06 g can stewed tomatoes
- 2 small ears of corn, uncooked,shucked
- 425.24 g can cannellini beans
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- Saute the onions, garlic and bay leaf in oil for 5- minutes.
- Add turkey, all spices Cook turkey, breaking up meat as you must, until it begins to brown Add tomatoes, corn, broth Adjust seasoning with salt and fresh ground pepper Cook simmer hot for 10 minutes Add the beans and mustard Simmer on LOW for another 20 minutes.
- (on edit, 1 Tbls. tomato paste added to ingredients list)
thank you! this is a great, easy recipe. i used canned corn and diced tomatoes (all i had in the cupboard) and added green chiles for zip. wonderful!
I loved this recipe! Super easy to make--the 'hardest' thing to do is chop the onion! And as most chili, it tastes even better the next day. Make extra, as it doesn't last long! Thanks