Recipe by chef blade
A recipe from a friend. Not real spicy, but flavorful. Great served in bowls and topped with tortilla chips and cheddar, and in my case, a ton of jalepenos.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can chicken broth (aprox. 1 cup)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 small ears of corn, uncooked,shucked
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onions, garlic and bay leaf in oil for 5- minutes.
- Add turkey, all spices Cook turkey, breaking up meat as you must, until it begins to brown Add tomatoes, corn, broth Adjust seasoning with salt and fresh ground pepper Cook simmer hot for 10 minutes Add the beans and mustard Simmer on LOW for another 20 minutes.
- (on edit, 1 Tbls. tomato paste added to ingredients list)