Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 small red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, crushed
- 15 ounces cannellini beans, drained
- 12 ounces albacore tuna in water, drained and flaked
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Serve on individual beds of lettuce.
The other reviewers didn't seem to care for the ingredient proportions, so I didn't make this exactly as outlined . I used 3/4 c. tuna, 1/2 c. romano beans, 1/8 c. red onion, 2 tsp. olive oil, a pinch of cayenne pepper, a dash of dried parsley flakes, 1 tsp. lemon juice, & a dash of black pepper. It was good & I'll make it again.
ehhhh. not exactly flavorful, and the measurements of ingredients seemed out of balance. i ended up adding a LOT of lemon juice, italian spices, and celery to give it some texture.
As the star rating states - I liked it. Here are the reasons why I didn't love it. It was very oily, next time (yes, I'll make this again) I'll use 1/4 cup of oil. Also, I felt like all I could taste were the beans, I think I'll try adding another 6 oz of tuna. I liked the zing of the red onion and I liked the taste of the other flavors. It was a nice, fresh alternative to the mayonnaise soaked tuna salad I'm used to :)