Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple, light and tasty salad. Nice for a summer picnic.
Make and share this White Bean, Tuna and Tomato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (6 ounce) can chunk light tuna, drained (packed in water)
- 1 (15 ounce) can small white beans, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can ripe olives, drained and sliced into thirds
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canready-cut tomatoes, chilled and drained well
- 3⁄4 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 2 -3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup bottled italian balsamic red wine and vinegar salad dressing
- lettuce leaf
- hardboiled egg (finely chopped)
- Flake tuna into a medium-size bowl; add next six ingredients; drizzle Dressing over all and toss gently to mix.
- Spoon onto lettuce leaves and top with chopped egg, if desired.
- Serves 4.
A delicious cool salad, perfect for a hot summer supper. I used Greek Viaigrette as the dressing and just sliced the egg. THX!
This is a nice mixture of flavors, and so easy to mix up and refrigerate in advance. I used to make something similar to this as a pasta salad. Next time, I'll add some cooked pasta, and see how it turns out!
I love these tuna - bean salads. Unfortunately, the canned tuna indsutry has decided to downsize the contents to 5 ounces in New Jersey to a low of 4 34 oz in Florida.