Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the cookbook "Marie Claire"
- 125 g baby spinach leaves
- 1 (375 g) can cannellini beans
- 1 (375 g) can tuna in vegetable oil, drained
- 1 lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- cracked black pepper
- Divide the spinach, beans, tuna, cucumber, tomato and parsley between 4 serving plates.
- Combine the oil, lemon juice and pepper and pour over the salads.
Yummo, just open a couple of cans & you're good to go. I made this for lunch using butter beans, tuna in garlic and also added some chopped celery, red capsicum & onion. Lovely mild dressing & lovely & filling, very much enjoyed. Thanks!
An excellent salad for a summer day, with lots of vegetables and tuna. I cooked 100 g dry white beans instead of using the canned beans. The proportion of lemon juice and olive oil was just right for me. I did need to add some salt. Thank you for giving me a chance to try this salad. It will become a regular.
Nice change to our salad eating days.