Recipe by Kay-t
A hearty sauce to serve over pasta. A perennial easy favorite of mine, and a great way to add protein to pasta meals. This comes from the Vegetarian Express Lane Cookbook by Sarah Fritschner. I typically make this w/o olives and parsley, but have tried it with up to a 1/4 cup parsley with delicious results. Can be vegan if cheese is omitted.
Top Review by Shana C
VERY easy and quite good! I served it on cheese ravioli, so the feta did not add anything. I crushed the garlic instead of mincing it so that the garlic flavor was milder and the preparation was quicker.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans or 1 (15 ounce) canother white beans
- 1⁄4 cup black olives (optional)
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a wide skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add tomatoes, parsley (optional) and oregano. Simmer at least 10 minutes, or until mixture has thickened considerably. The longer the simmer the better the taste.
- Add white beans and olives (optional) and cook, stirring, to heat through.
- Serve sauce over pasta and top with feta cheese.