A hearty sauce to serve over pasta. A perennial easy favorite of mine, and a great way to add protein to pasta meals. This comes from the Vegetarian Express Lane Cookbook by Sarah Fritschner. I typically make this w/o olives and parsley, but have tried it with up to a 1/4 cup parsley with delicious results. Can be vegan if cheese is omitted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a wide skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- 3Add tomatoes, parsley (optional) and oregano. Simmer at least 10 minutes, or until mixture has thickened considerably. The longer the simmer the better the taste.
- 4Add white beans and olives (optional) and cook, stirring, to heat through.
- 5Serve sauce over pasta and top with feta cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Bean Tomato Sauce for Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.9
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 867.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 14.0 g