Recipe by Sassy Cat
Had this recipe for years, I guess it about time to try it out. Sound pretty low-fat, let's see.
- 5 (14 1/2 ounce) cans nonfat chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 lb dried great northern beans
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Lawry's Pinch of Herb
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt-free lemon pepper, LAWRY'S
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, fresh, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In Dutch oven or large saucepan, combine 2 quarts chicken broth, beans, onion, garlic, seasoned salt, Pinch of herbs and Lemon Pepper.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer until beans are tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
- (If bean mixture becomes too thick, add additional chicken broth to thin).
- When beans are tender, add remaining ingredients; cover and simmer 20 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Presentation: Serve stew in individual bowls. Sprinkle with 1 Cup shredded cheese and 1/4 Cup chopped green onions.