Recipe by Sage
I found this recipe;added a few things and came up with this great spread.I love to have something to add to our crackers at noon when I serve only a bowl of soup for lunch.Also great with crackers for appetizers.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 19 ounces white beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 pinch rosemary (to taste)
- 1 head garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 4000°F Cut about 1/4" from the top of the head of garlic so that the very top of each clove has been removed. Brush the entire head lightly with olive oil, wrap well in tin foil, and bake for 45 minutes or until the cloves are soft and the edges are brown and caramelized. Remove from oven, unwrap, and cool.This is very handy to do in the toaster oven. Use your fingers to squeeze the softened garlic out of each clove).
- In a heavy medium pan, heat two tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, shallot and rosemary, and sautee until the onion is well browned but not burnt; add drained artichokes and roasted garlic.
- In food processor, combine rinsed and drained beans, contents of the pan, and all other ingredients except sour cream.
- Add a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper. Puree until completely smooth. Add sour cream and puree until smooth; taste to adjust seasonning.
- Serve this pread with crackers.