Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you don't want to use white beans, try substituting canned chick peas, adding water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if needed, to reach desired consistency. For an outstanding sandwich, pair the spread with ham or prosciutto and torn basil leaves. Or spoon store-bought olive tapenade over this tasty spread and add a slice of roast turkey.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans or 1 (15 1/2 ounce) canother white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until pale green and smooth; salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover and chill until ready to serve (can be made up to a week ahead; let stand at room temperature at least 30 minutes before serving).