Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy,colorful, filling soup that cooks fast for those busy nights when a homecook meal seems too far away. Great with a loaf of rustic bread.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2-1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 1⁄4 cups picante sauce
- 2 cans small white beans, drained
- Heat oil in dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add sausage, onions, and garlic.
- Cook until sausage is browned.
- Add spinach and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Add broth, picante sauce, and beans.
- Heat to boil to bring flavors together.
This is one of my favorite soup recipes! I have been making this for several years now, but have never reviewed it. You can throw it together quickly and it is hearty & delicious. Thanks for a great recipe.
This soup was really good. We will be making this again. Thanks for the recipe!
Excellent. Flavorfull and filling. I used a spiced chicken sausage and frozen spinach. Thanks for the recipe.