Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
A quick recipe found in the March 9-11 USA Weekend. I look forward to trying it. It's just 4 Weight Watchers points. The recipe originally included croutons, but I'm on Weight watchers so left them off.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans white beans
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup packed fresh basil leaves or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Puree all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a large saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer partically covered and stirring frequently to blend flavors, 4 to 5 minutes.
- For Vegan/Vegetarian use the Vegetable Broth.
Absolutely wonderful. Wife and kids loved it. I also blended one can of beans and added the other directly to the pot. Quick and easy to prepare, and outstanding. Thanks!
DELICIOUS and the quickest, easiest soup ever. I served it for a late night dinner with grilled cheese. I did reserve one can of the beans and threw them in the pot after blending the rest of the ingredients. I debated on draining the beans, and did not. The hubby is already in the kitchen asking if there are any leftovers so he can take them to lunch tomorrow. This will be a new regular in our house.