Recipe by JackieOhNo!
A nourishing, hearty soup that is great for when you want to make something that is a little different.
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried navy beans
- 5 bacon, slices
- 2 cups red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (16 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Sort and wash beans; place in a large Dutch oven. Cover with water to 2 inches above beans; bring to a boil, and cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 1 hour. Drain beans.
- Cook the bacon in soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan; crumble and set aside. Add bell pepper and the next 8 ingredients (bell pepper through minced garlic) to drippings in pan; saute 10 minutes or until browned. Stir in the broth, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add beans. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour or until beans are tender.
- Place 3 cups of the bean mixture in a blender, and process until smooth. Return the pureed mixture to pan. Stir in the bacon and parsley.