Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Adapted from January 2006 Southern Living
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- 4 (16 ounce) cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- salt & pepper
- 1 dash hot sauce (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed parsley
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- For soup:.
- Saute' first 4 ingredients in hot oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat 5-10 minutes or until tender.
- Add tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add beans and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, at least 30 minutes.
- Remove and discard thyme sprigs and bay leaf. Stir in salt and pepper to taste and hot sauce, if desired. Top each serving with a spoonful of Gremolata.
- Process all ingredients in a food processor or blender until well blended or to desired consistency, stopping to scrape down sides.