Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I love bean soups...they're just so easy and inexpensive. This one is perfect comfort food for a chilly day!
- Heat oil in large pot over med-high heat.
- Add onions, celery, and garlic; cook for 5 minute.
- Add beans and remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Season to taste, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and continue cooking covered 3 hrs or until beans are tender.
- Stir often (every 15 min or so).
Very flavorful and very healthy soup! As a bonus, it's really inexpensive to make. The long simmer with all the herbs and spices made the flavors really pop. I made no changes to the recipe. Thanx for sharing!