Recipe by katew
I have had this recipe for ages - torn from a magazine in 2002 .
Top Review by Chef Buggsy Mate
This is a great base soup. The flavors are all quite mild making it simple to add other ingredients without having to worry about tastes clashing. One could easily add other seasonings and vegetables, or any variety of meat; beef, chicken, turkey, or ham. There are so many possibilities! It is also nice as it is topped with herb croutons. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made and reviewed for the 25th AUS/NZ Recipe Swap
- 4 cups stock
- 1 (400 g) can butter beans, drained
- 1 (400 g) can cannellini beans, drained
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 big leek, sliced finely
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer stock and beans for 8 minutes in large saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Using a slotted spoon remove 1 cup of beans from stock and set aside.
- With great care , puree with stick blender the remaining stock and beans.
- Return soup to heat and add all the vegies, garlic and reserved beans
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes or till vegetables are tender.
- season to taste and serve with toast.