Recipe by veegkitchen57
this soup is easy to make, and the bean puree makes it nice and thick. warm up with it on a cold winter day.
Top Review by SnoDov
I r-e-a-l-l-y liked this version of White Bean Soup! Not only simple but oh so yummy too, a true comfort food for me as I am doing my best to drop a few pounds from all the holiday eating while keeping my protein & fiber at max. I stayed true to all the ing. but the tomatoes...I used two cans of diced instead but it turned out souper!! (I think maybe I'll try using one can of Ro*tel & one regular tomatoes next time just to give it a zip.) Incorporated as one of my main meal staples ~ Thank you so much for sharing!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups boiling water
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- puree one can of the beans in a food processor to make a smooth paste. if necessary, add a little water.
- in a large saucepan, heat the oil. add the onion and cook until it is softened. then add the celery and carrot and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- add the tomatoes, garlic, and thyme, cooking for 6-8 more minutes, while stirring often.
- pour in the boiling water, and add the whole beans and bean puree. season with salt and pepper. allow the soup to simmer for 10-15 minutes before serving.