Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found in an AllYou magazine. Feel free to substitute smoked sausage for the turkey kielbasa. Nice light soup to use as an appetizer or main dish. Servings presented here are for main dish size bowls. Serve with a crusty bread and it will warm you right up.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) turkey kielbasa, cut into 2 inch pieces on angle
- 1 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 3 cups water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- In a soup pot, warm olive oil over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring until browned all over, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Discard all but 1 tbs of fat from pot.
- Add onion and garlic to pan and cook stirring often, until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Return sausage to pot and add chicken broth, 3 cups water and beans. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in spinach until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Season with salt (if you desire0 A ndpep per) and pepper.